Volunteering Opportunity: Fundraising Volunteer
Free Tibet is seeking a Fundraising Volunteer to help manage our supporter database and merchandise fulfilment. Previous fundraising or database experience is desirable but not essential. We are looking for someone who can commit to a minimum of two days a week (over a 3 month period), who is able to work independently and who has keen attention to detail. The Fundraising Volunteer will form an essential part of the fundraising team, assisting in the inputting and selection of data from our supporter database and other related duties. The volunteer will also be involved with supporting merchandise fulfilment for the Free Tibet online shop. There will be opportunities to get involved in other areas of fundraising (e.g. dealing with supporter queries, drafting copy, research and events) and this role will provide a valuable insight into the running of a small not-for-profit organisation.
The Volunteer’s primary tasks will include:
- Database administration: Inputting new donations, subscriptions, memberships, returned mail, cancellations and change of details onto the database.
- Supporter services: Assisting the fundraising team by responding to supporter queries; preparing Welcome Packs for new supporters and sending correspondence to members and supporters regarding Direct Debits, memberships, donations and any other relevant mail.
- Merchandise: Fulfilling merchandise orders; processing orders on the ‘Shopify’ online store; and assisting with stock checking.
- General administrative support: Our volunteers may be required to perform general administrative tasks relevant to the smooth running of the office.
- Other: There may be opportunities to draft copy for the website, magazine and catalogue; assisting the Fundraising Officer with merchandise purchasing and marketing; involvement in meetings and Free Tibet events.
Please email your CV and cover letter (maximum one page) explaining why you would like to volunteer with us to email@example.com by July 31st 2018.
We are looking for somebody who is available to volunteer two days per week for a minimum period of three months. Free Tibet will provide a stipend of £8.50 per day.
We are seeking new Board members
Free Tibet is a London-based non-profit, non-governmental organisation that campaigns for Tibetans' right to freedom. We mobilise active support for the Tibetan cause, champion human rights and tell the world about China's on-going occupation. We are entirely funded by our supporters.
We are seeking experienced individuals to join our board (Executive Committee). As a member of the board you will help shape Free Tibet's strategy, policies and future development. In addition you will contribute meaningfully to the board's legal and management responsibilities which include ensuring our financial sustainability and providing oversight and support of our Chief Executive in running the campaign and organisation.
The board is seeking dedicated individuals with expertise in the areas of fundraising, campaigning and media who are prepared to contribute their time and talent in support of Free Tibet and the wider campaign for Tibetan rights and freedom.
The board meets a minimum of four evenings per year in London, as well as communicating and making decisions via email when required. Applicants should be prepared to assume occasional additional duties to help the campaign and its future development. Membership of the board is a voluntary position, without expenses.
How to apply: please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org