Big Give 2013
Have you been browsing our web pages for the latest news on Tibet? Well, we wouldn’t be able to share any of this with you if it wasn't for our research partner, Tibet Watch.
Without Tibet Watch, Free Tibet couldn't turn the international media spotlight on Tibet. Nor would we have any evidence to present to the UN of the human rights abuses China tries so hard to hide.
From their office in Dharamsala, northern India, Tibet Watch researchers collate and corroborate testimonies and eye-witness accounts of human rights abuses in Tibet.
Tibetans risk life imprisonment for speaking out about the lack of freedom, so Tibet Watch must protect its sources by ensuring its communication systems aren't vulnerable to intrusion.
Help Tibet Watch this December
Tibet Watch needs your help to keep its India office running. It costs:
• £8 for a round trip to the Dharamsala reception centre to interview newly arrived refugees
• £19 to buy a new heater for the office (before the snow comes)
• £30 a month to communicate news to Free Tibet safely
• £50 a month to maintain secure communications with contacts inside Tibet
• £93 to rent the office for one month
Tibet Watch has teamed up with the Big Give to potentially double any online donation you make on 5, 6 or 7 December.