Free Tibet is looking for a volunteer to assist its small (but perfectly formed!!) fundraising team.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience working within a fundraising environment and will provide a valuable insight into the running of a not-for-profit organisation.
We are looking for someone who is available for a minimum of two days a week, for at least twelve weeks.
The Fundraising Volunteer will form an essential part of the fundraising team and their main tasks will include:
- Processing new donations, memberships and change of details
- Preparing correspondence to be sent to supporters regarding memberships and donations, as well as any other relevant mail
- Opening and processing the incoming mail and preparing and franking the outgoing post
- Investigating potential new income streams and assisting in ensuring that current income streams are as cost-effective as possible
- Helping to find prize donors for our annual raffle
- The volunteer will be required to perform general administrative tasks relevant to the smooth running of the office
The ideal candidate will have:
- Initiative and flexibility
- A professional approach to their work and role as a term member
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Attention to detail
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
Responsible to: Fundraising Officer
Location: Old Street, N1, London
Stipend: £8.50 per day
Start: Jan 2015
Duration: Minimum of twelve weeks
Hours: Minimum of two days a week (11am-5.30pm)
Apply with CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we cannot accept applications without a cover letter.