Campaigns and Media Volunteer
Would you like to help Tibet and learn about campaigning as a volunteer member of Free Tibet’s campaign team? We’re looking for a smart, effective and reliable person who can support us in our vital work. In exchange for your time and commitment, you’ll get the opportunity to learn about campaigning, media work and Tibet hands-on.
• Monitor media coverage, maintain media contact database and identify media targets
• Undertake online research
• Draft and issue campaign communications where appropriate (including letters, reports, complaints)
• Participate in brainstorming and campaign planning
• Assist the digital officer in campaign-related activity and analysis
• Help to organise and run events
• Administrative tasks
• Various other tasks, as requested.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Initiative and creativity
• A professional approach to their work and role as a term member
• Strong communication skills
• Strong command of written English – both for public and media purposes and for professional communication and letter-writing to external contacts
• Good research skills
It would be great if you also had one or some of the following!
• Knowledge of the situation in Tibet and China
• Knowledge or experience of campaigning
• Professional writing and/or research experience
• Qualification or study experience in human rights, international affairs, journalism or public relations
• Knowledge of online and social media communications
Responsible to: Campaigns and Media Manager
Location: Old Street, N1, London
Stipend: £8.50 per day
We’re looking initially for a commitment of at least two working days a week for eight weeks in our central London office. Depending on your skills and our needs, we can look at increasing the hours and the period of volunteering once we know one another better.
Please send a CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org