Looking for experience in the charity sector? Interested in gaining valuable insight into how a small fundraising team works?
Free Tibet is looking for a reliable and conscientious volunteer to help manage our supporter database. The Database Volunteer will form an essential part of the fundraising team,and the successful individual gain a valuable insight into the running of a small not-for-profit organisation.
Previous database experience is desirable but not essential. We are looking for someone who can commit to a minimum of three days a week, for a minimum of 3 months.
Daily duties of the volunteer will involve:
• Database: Processing new donations, memberships and change of details.
• Supporter Services: Preparing correspondence to be sent to members and supporters regarding Direct Debits, memberships, donations, as well as any other relevant mail.
• Post – opening and processing the incoming post, and stuffing and franking the outgoing post.
• General administrative support and filing: Our volunteers may be required to perform general administrative tasks relevant to the smooth running of the office.
The successful candidate will have:
• Initiative, flexibility and a professional approach
• Ability to work independently
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Attention to detail
• Competent use of Microsoft Office
Volunteers can claim expenses of £8.50 per day to cover lunch and travel costs.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you would like to apply for the position of Database Volunteer to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot except applications without a cover letter.